Miniature on ivory. Early 19th century.
Enquire about this Item
Circular miniature depicting a bust of an officer set on monochrome brown background. The officer is wearing a dark blue jacket with red piping and a daffodil collar with red piping. It is decorated with two supple silver "rain rope" epaulettes. This officer wears the four-pointed Cross of the Lily, created in April 1814 for the Paris National Guard by the Compte d'Artois, the future Charles X, and approved by his brother Louis XVIII in May 1814. It was abolished under Louis Philippe in 1831.the miniature is set in a gilded bronze frame decorated with knurling.
Frame diameter : 9 cm.
Miniature diameter: 6 cm.
Price : 1700 €